What if the address of the former spouse is unknown?
    Church law requires that the former spouse be contacted. However, if the former spouse's address is unknown, it must be established that the petitioner has used reasonable means to ascertain his or her specific place of residence. The use of the internet to try to obtain information about a former spouse is a valuable resource. Proof must be submitted to the tribunal that a reasonable effort has been made to ascertain the address.  





Print This Page Print This Page